The MOY Mate 200/Coastal Certification Program is a practical course designed to provide the highest standards of maritime education for both the professional and recreational mariner.
The IYT Worldwide Master of Yachts Mate/Coastal certificate is a Commercial 200 ton Mates Certificate of Competency for operating Yachts as Mate.
Also, for command of a vessel up to a maximum length of 80 ft /24 meters (either auxiliary powered sailing vessels or a power vessels – per certificate endorsement) and its crew in coastal waters upto a distance of 60 miles offshore in moderate wind and sea conditions, day and night) as a Master.
The program is an extensive course designed to provide the highest standards of maritime education for both the professional and recreational yachtsman and woman.
To gain the IYT Worldwide Master of Yachts Mate/Coastal certificate, the candidate must attend a 6 day practical / theory course on board a yacht; successfully complete a theory exam and practical assessment.
The expected learning outcome is that the student understands the theory and practical applications of:
• Basic navigation, pilotage and passage planning
• Safe and correct vessel handling
• Tides, Currents and Tidal calculations
• International and (Local) Collision Regulations and buoyage
• Weather and weather forecast information
• Anchoring, berthing and seamanship
• Safety and contingencies
An intensive course designed for crew with sufficient on the water experience, proof of the required sea time will be required upon booking.
The Candidate should be 18 years of age or over
The Candidate should have 2 days at least as watchleader / captain
The requirements are:
• 800 nautical miles
• 25 days on board at sea
• 12 hours on watch at night underway
• A physical/medical which must include eyesight and colour blindness check
• VHF or Radio Operator Certificate
And if the candidate requires a Professional Certificate:
• Basic Sea Survival Certificate (S.T.C.W. 95)
• Fire Fighting Certificate (S.T.C.W. 95)
• First Aid Certificate (S.T.C.W. 95)
• Personal Safety and Social Responsibility (S.T.C.W. 95)